#5 Top Attraction in Pennsylvania: Strasburg Rail Road
Most Favorite Tourist Attractions in Pennsylvania, The Strasburg Rail Road
about Strausburg Rail Road
When you visit Strasburg Rail Road, be ready for an authentic experience, relish an old real steam railroad. Do not worry, as you will not visit some simple replicas of locomotives and operating passenger cars, but find some actual real ones.
Strasburg Rail Road is actually the oldest still functional railroad. The very first operation dates back to 1832. Luckily for the tourists, this short line was salvaged and reconditioned, so now it can be a true attraction to the tourists.
Strausburg Rail Road: Interesting Facts
- There are steam engines and 20 operating passenger cars that make the Strasburg Railroad work
- In 2006, the locomotive of Strasburg Rail Road celebrated 100 years
- This is the only 4-8-0 wheel arrangement locomotive and the only 12-wheel steam locomotive from North America
- On average, the engine of a locomotive uses half-ton of coal every 45 minutes
- Moreover, engines consume an average of 1,000 gallons of water every 45 minutes
- The locomotives you will see during a visit to the Strasburg Rail Road cost somewhere around half a million dollars each during their restoration from 1910 to 1930
- To maintain and keeping the railroad safe and reliable, as well as the locomotives in perfect working order, the railroad spends around $150,000 a year.
300 Gap Rd, Strasburg, PA 17579
Hello friends, glad you could make it. Imagine if you could completely catapult your travel experience to the next level. That’s what kalistravelguide.com set out to do.
Sign up here Contact Kali for all of my insider tips, reviews, strategies and the best of Travel Deals.
Are you ready? Because this is what following your dreams looks like. Enjoy!-Kali
Erin Condren Seasonal Surprises 2022-2023 Update
Great News! 15% Off When You Signup for Erin Condren Email be sure to follow our social media pages as we reveal a surprise Daily Deal each day! These daily
Guide to the Tastiest Lancaster Breweries
Guide to the Tastiest Lancaster Breweries If you come to Lancaster, PA, it’s a pity not to enjoy everything the city and its traditions have to offer. And the brewing
11 Authentic Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA
11 Authentic Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA Everyone knows the Amish always sprinkle a bit of love on their food.Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA is perfect for people looking for
63 National Parks by State+Map
As of December 2020, there are now 63 Protected National Parks in the U.S. The Worldwide National Park movement started to evolve when an area of Yellowstone National Park was
Guide to 7 Easy Smoky Mountain Waterfalls
7 Easy Waterfall Trails in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park If you enjoy the scenic outdoors, look no further. Here are 7 Easy Trails With Great Smoky Mountain Waterfalls that