#3 Top Attraction in Pennsylvania: Philadelphia Museum of Art
One of the most popular attractions of the city, the Philadelphia Museum of Art was originally chartered in 1876, as a representative for the Centennial Exposition in Philly.
You cannot get bored in this museum art, actually, you should be patient and take your time to visit 240,000 objects, of European, American, and Asian origin.
Curious facts about #3 Top Pennsylvania Attraction: Philadelphia Museum of Art
- The art museum was even more popular thanks to the movie Rocky, as the famous steps of the museum are a true attraction in the visitors’ photos.
- Every year, the museum welcomes more than 800,000 visitors, while the website gets 10 million page views annually.
- The museum hosts more buildings. As such, one coming here, you will see multiple places, one of them being the Rodin Museum.
- Among the museum’s collection, you can admire the works of Charles Willson Peale and Thomas Eakins.
- The Rodin Museum is a centerpiece here. This building is home to an important art collection that belongs to Rodin.
- Among the European Painting and Sculpture galleries welcome beautiful work by Manet, Renoir, Monet, Degas, as well as Pissarro.
- You can admire more than 100,000 objects, with amazing drawings, prints, and photographs.
- Once visiting South Asian Art, you can admire an original Indian Temple. Visiting it is a true Indian experience.
- The museum’s collection increases annually, by 1%. As such, year by year, there are somewhere around 2,000 new works to admire.
- There are over 46,000 households that decided to be museum members.
2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130
Hello friends, glad you could make it. Imagine if you could completely catapult your travel experience to the next level. That’s what kalistravelguide.com set out to do.
Sign up here Contact Kali for all of my insider tips, reviews, strategies and the best of Travel Deals.
Are you ready? Because this is what following your dreams looks like. Enjoy!-Kali
Erin Condren Seasonal Surprises 2022-2023 Update
Great News! 15% Off When You Signup for Erin Condren Email be sure to follow our social media pages as we reveal a surprise Daily Deal each day! These daily
Guide to the Tastiest Lancaster Breweries
Guide to the Tastiest Lancaster Breweries If you come to Lancaster, PA, it’s a pity not to enjoy everything the city and its traditions have to offer. And the brewing
11 Authentic Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA
11 Authentic Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA Everyone knows the Amish always sprinkle a bit of love on their food.Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA is perfect for people looking for
63 National Parks by State+Map
As of December 2020, there are now 63 Protected National Parks in the U.S. The Worldwide National Park movement started to evolve when an area of Yellowstone National Park was
Guide to 7 Easy Smoky Mountain Waterfalls
7 Easy Waterfall Trails in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park If you enjoy the scenic outdoors, look no further. Here are 7 Easy Trails With Great Smoky Mountain Waterfalls that