#1 Top Attraction in Pennsylvania: The Liberty Bell and Independence Hall
Most Favorite Tourist Attraction in Pennsylvania is The Liberty Bell and Independence Hall
We needed to start with Independence National Park, a fantastic honor to historical architecture, and all preserved over a 55-acre area. Once reaching this place, you will want to take a tour of historic Independence Hall and Liberty Bell.
Independence Hall - A Crucial Place for The American History
If you don’t know much about the importance of Independence Hall, well, let us tell you that this building is where both the United States Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were firstly debated, then finally adopted. It is hard to miss it, as the Hall is a centerpiece of the historical park.
The Liberty Hall - Unknown Facts
The Liberty Bell, also situated in the Independence National Historical Park is a true symbol for America’s struggle to obtain independence, at the end of the 18th century. You can visit this symbol all for free and explore its history. Here are some interesting facts about it:
- Few know about the words that stay on the Bell. Well, you can read a Bible Verse, a special one, as well as information about the maker.
- The legend says that the very first ring was on July 8, 1776. The clear sound was meant to symbolize America’s Independence. However, there is some mystery around the first ringing.
- No one knows the reason why the Bell cracked. The crack is still a wonder among historians. Some say the first crack happened in 1752 when it was tested. However, the last big crack happened in 1846, on President’s Day.
- During history, the Bell ranged for announcing Benjamin Franklin’s death, as well as when Alexander Hamilton, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson died.
- The first name of the Liberty Bell was actually the State House Bell. But in the late 1830s, it was finally named the Liberty Bell, as a symbol for the anti-slavery movement.
101 S. Independence Mall W, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Hello friends, glad you could make it. Imagine if you could completely catapult your travel experience to the next level. That’s what kalistravelguide.com set out to do.
Sign up here Contact Kali for all of my insider tips, reviews, strategies and the best of Travel Deals.
Are you ready? Because this is what following your dreams looks like. Enjoy!-Kali
12 Most Strange & Unique Places to Visit in Mexico
Mexico’s one-of-a kind destinations Due to the diverse culture and traditions, there is no wonder why Mexico continues to be one of the most special places in the world to
Erin Condren Seasonal Surprises 2021-2022 Update
Great News! 15% Off Sitewide Sale be sure to follow our social media pages as we reveal a surprise Daily Deal each day! These daily deals, surprises, and steals are
Guide to the Tastiest Lancaster Breweries
Guide to the Tastiest Lancaster Breweries If you come to Lancaster, PA, it’s a pity not to enjoy everything the city and its traditions have to offer. And the brewing
63 National Parks by State+Map
As of December 2020, there are now 63 Protected National Parks in the U.S. The Worldwide National Park movement started to evolve when an area of Yellowstone National Park was
Guide to 7 Easy Smoky Mountain Waterfalls
7 Easy Waterfall Trails in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park If you enjoy the scenic outdoors, look no further. Here are 7 Easy Trails With Great Smoky Mountain Waterfalls that