#2 Top Tourist Attraction in Pennsylvania: Hershey, PA
Most Favorite Tourist Attractions in Pennsylvania is Milton Hershey's Sweetest Place on Earth
Ready to visit the sweetest place in your life? Well, be ready to delight yourself at the Hershey’s Chocolate World, a place with a long tradition of chocolate. Take the free tour to see Hershey’s chocolate and candy factory and learn how your favorite desserts are made.
After this, you need to go to Hershey Park as well, to enjoy the chocolate-themed rides and attractions.
- Hershey Empire was built on a precarious education. Imagine that Hershey only finished 4 grades at the school, when his parents decided that the young man was ready to lead the family business.
Hershey’s first job was an apprenticeship, while in 1872 he worked as a confectioner.
- Milton Hershey’s first love was not chocolate, but caramel.
- Hershey was finally interested in chocolate only after the 1893 world’s fair. After failing with the caramel company, Hershey was finally interested in “playing” with chocolate.
As such, in 1893, after visiting the World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago, he made all the arrangements so the German chocolate exhibit’s machinery could be brought to him.
- The Hershey Town was initially built for the employees of the factory. Milton Hershey was a very smart person, so in order for his company to have more success, he made his employees happy and designed a whole town to be a community.
- No one knows what the name “Kisses” symbolizes, not even the company itself. The legend says that these candies were named due to the sound of the motion when the chocolate is being processed. Cool, right?
- The logo of Hershey was firstly a baby inside a cocoa bean. For seven decades, this was the image that made people love Hershey chocolate, the “Cocoa Bean Baby”. This logo was available until 1968 when the company became a corporation.
- The company used to make gum. Is it any wonder why I love chocolate and gum!
- Hershey Company and chocolate are part of American’s military history. Yes, the company, along with the U.S. Army experimented with ration bars, that would taste better than boiling potatoes.
Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033
Hello friends, glad you could make it. Imagine if you could completely catapult your travel experience to the next level. That’s what kalistravelguide.com set out to do.
Sign up here Contact Kali for all of my insider tips, reviews, strategies and the best of Travel Deals.
Are you ready? Because this is what following your dreams looks like. Enjoy!-Kali
Erin Condren Seasonal Surprises 2022-2023 Update
Great News! 15% Off Sitewide Sale be sure to follow our social media pages as we reveal a surprise Daily Deal each day! These daily deals, surprises, and steals are
Guide to the Tastiest Lancaster Breweries
Guide to the Tastiest Lancaster Breweries If you come to Lancaster, PA, it’s a pity not to enjoy everything the city and its traditions have to offer. And the brewing
11 Authentic Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA
11 Authentic Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA Everyone knows the Amish always sprinkle a bit of love on their food.Amish Restaurants in Lancaster PA is perfect for people looking for
63 National Parks by State+Map
As of December 2020, there are now 63 Protected National Parks in the U.S. The Worldwide National Park movement started to evolve when an area of Yellowstone National Park was
Guide to 7 Easy Smoky Mountain Waterfalls
7 Easy Waterfall Trails in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park If you enjoy the scenic outdoors, look no further. Here are 7 Easy Trails With Great Smoky Mountain Waterfalls that